• We are aware that bad attitude is the bane of every society.
• Have you noticed the increasing cases of deviant behaviours and bad attitude in our work places, Educational Institutions, Government and even in our homes?
• Do you know that no school or institutions offers a course or subject on attitudinal change?
• Do you know that the current unemployment problem in the country can be solved with a change in attitude?
• And do you know that the much talked about change can only be achieved when you and I make conscious effort to change our bad attitude for the better?
In the light of this, the Institute of Attitudinal Change Managers Social Campaign Division has commenced a process of constituting Change Vanguard in schools, organisation etc that will serve as ‘Change Agents’ as well as endearing both the old and the new generations the virtue of positive attitude in our organisations, schools and society, which is fast being eroded or seen as unrewarding
2. About the Institute
The Institute of Attitudinal Change Managers was duly approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and Federal Ministry of Justice under the company and Allied Matters Act 1990, in February 2014 and commenced operations in May 2014.
The Institute which is currently based in Benin-City is gradually spreading to other states of the federation.
The Institute was established with the aim of making a subject out of Attitude Change and to professionalize Attitudinal Change management.
It seeks to train a crop of Attitudinal Change Managers and Change Vanguards who would serve as professionals and agents respectively in our Educational Institutions, Government and the nation at large
3. What is change?
4. What is vanguard?
Vanguard refers to group of people who are the leaders of an action or movement in the society
5. What is change vanguard
• These are group of people who are leaders of Change and are out to make a difference in their schools, organisation, and society at large positively.
• A group of persons that encourage people to change their bad behaviour and attitude.
• Group of persons who know and understand the forces that facilitates or hinder change
• Change Vanguards plan, build, support, and partner with others to create change.
6. Areas Change is Needed
There are so many areas changes are needed in schools and in the society. Below are few of them;
• Examination malpractices
• Disobedience and disrespect to parents and teachers
• Poor reading habits
• Disobeying schools rules and regulations
• Cutting corners i.e.( getting rich quick)
• Smoking and drinking of alcohol
• Stealing, bullying and laziness etc.
7. How to become a Change Vanguard
For a permanent change in attitude, Change Vanguard will from time to time organise events/activities that will inculcate positive attitude in their lives.
Such activities will involve:
• Quiz comp
• Training workshop
• Leadership and Mentorship training
• Change Vanguard holiday camp meeting
• Learning of life skills
• Excursions to Government establishment and corporate organisations to instil national consciousness
9. Benefits of Being a Change Vanguard